- Prewriting: I have two titles that I find interesting but no story behind them.
- Currently writing: I’m wrapping up Part 3 of my graphic novel and have written the teaser and first act of the Sleepy Hollow spec.
- In revisions: Nothing at the moment. I plan on tackling a short I wrote in January soon.
Every week or so, I hope to give you an update on what I am currently working on:
- Prewriting: A spec script for Sleepy Hollow. I want to apply for some television fellowships this May so I need to get cracking on that.
- Currently writing: The first draft of a graphic novel entitled “Of Fates Seen and Unseen” where two people destined to marry decide not to. I’m about 40+ pages in. It’s an interesting departure from screenwriting but I’m loving it.
- In revisions: A origin tale about a super villain that is giving me so much grief I am ready to throw it out of rotation.
This was originally written in April 2014. I figured I would put in on my blog.
So you want to start watching Science Fiction, I know it could be daunting but science fiction is actually more mainstream than people think. I think the science part is what gets people and the fantasy aspect doesn’t help. But do not fear because the following movies and TV shows are considered Sci-Fi/Fantasy: Ghostbusters, Terminator, The Avengers, The Hunger Games, Divergent, The Vampire Diaries, E.T. and even Atlas Struggled. So you see, Science Fiction is accessible to everyone. I read once, that Science Fiction uses the future to talk about Today’s issues. So if you go into every science fiction endeavor with that attitude, you will enjoy the material.
I’m MK and this is my blog. I’ll be talking about mainly my writing process as well as things I saw on TV. Be sure to poke around and check out my writing samples, links to other blogs I written for, and ask a question if you have one.
Thanks for stopping by.