Crowdfunding + Depression = a very hard week.
- 1 Script:
- An older Pilot.
- 2 Films:
- Atomic Blonde
- Think Like a Man
- Think Like a Man too
- 7+ Pages:
- The First Feature rewrite
- 14 Hours of prep/rework/filmmaking knowledge:
- Development/Pre-Production on The First Feature
- 10 Lessons Learned from Making Independent Films from Submittable Blog
- 5 Filmmakers Reveal How Failure Can Lead to Discovery from Sundance Blog
- Finding the Perfect Place to Shoot: Tips from a Top Location Manager from Film Independent
I’m going to keep it real with you. I don’t quite remember everything I read last week because I had a bit of a depressive moment. It’s nothing new. I’ve had depressive moments for the past couple of years, I can usually tell when I’m do for a dip and kind of mitigate the drop. I’ve been aware that I’ve had depression for a while.
Last week, my depressive moment went from mild annoyance to actively hindering my ability to get things done. So I decided to allow myself to heal and get back to 100% again. I’ve also decided to take better care of my mental health. Which, means more fun movie watching and maybe slowing down. It also means finding a qualified medical professional to help me manage…me.
I’m still crowdfunding and I’m still working on my goals but I’m not going to be as hard on myself, I guess.
Which I think is good, I may end up getting more done that way.