What went well?
- I survived the pandemic healthy and relatively happy.
- I moved a lot. I ran over 100 miles this year and got an exercise bike.
- I watched more movies made by women of color than ever before!
- I wrote 4 scripts from scratch.
- I was a semi-finalist for the Austin Revolution Film Festival for my feature Parallel.
- I got into painting!
What didn’t go well?
- We lived through a global pandemic and a very stressful election.
- I didn’t watch many movies through the year. I’m chalking this up to depression.
- While the swings were not as wide, the depression did linger. I chalk that up to this year.
- I lost some muscle definition due to not having access to the gym.
- I didn’t direct anything.
Some cold hard stats:
- Miles run: 140.4
- Miles biked: 75.7
- Number of medals: 5
- Number of paintings done: 8
- Number of movies watched total: 57
- Number by white men: 32
- Number by men of color: 10
- Number by white women: 4
- Number by women of color: 11
- Number of books read: 12
- Top three books:
- 1. Dear Girls
- 2. Atomic Habits
- 3. Lovecraft Country
- Top three movies:
- 1. The Forty Year Old Version
- 2. Miss Juneteenth
- 3. Da 5 Bloods
What is 2021 going to be about?
It’s going to be the Year of being in the avatar state
I am striving to stripe out more things that are not serving me and get into an amazing flow.